When it comes to decorating your home there are many options available to you. Wallpaper has come a long way in the past few years. There is tremendous selection in both colour and texture. In general wallpaper provides a richness to a room. Embossed wallpaper can provide a very regal look. Faux finishing refers to a range of techniques that allow you to have fun with a room and create a custom finish to suit your personal tastes. Even painting allows for some room of creativity. Paint can be tinted to match trim to walls and walls to furniture or window coverings. Our staff will take the time to explore the different possibilities so you can better decide whether it's paint, wallpaper or a faux finish that best achieves the affect you want to create.
Here are some of the services available from Creative Finishes for the interior of your home.
- Colour consultation and custom mixing of colours to match furniture, carpet, drapes, etc.
- Wallpapering plates (outlets, light switches, etc.) so they disappear into the wall
- Different paint finishes - flat, eggshell, semi-gloss, high gloss
- Wallpapering on ceiling as well as walls
The change of seasons we experience in Toronto subject our homes to wide temperature fluctuations, snow, ice, rain, heat and high humidity. Without proper maintenance the damage and subsequent cost of repairs can be significant. Thankfully, exterior paints now are environmentally friendly, but this means they don't last as long so proper preparation is very important. Creative Finishes won't take short cuts in preparing and painting your exterior trim, doors, window frames, soffits and eaves.
Here are some of the services available from Creative Finishes for the exterior of your home.
- Burning off bad surfaces - It's important to remove loose paint, to allow new paint to adhere better providing better protection and a job that lasts longer.
- Capping window sills with Aluminum - This is a good way to cosmetically clean up a bad surface and protect a surface that is exposed to a constant water situation, e.g.; a water sprinkler system that sprays against a wooden window frame.
- Creative Finishes still works with oil paint for exterior trim, still provides the best durability and last longer.
Kitchen area wallpapered with a complimentary border.
Black wallpaper used as an elegant look.
The crown moulding was stressed with the same colour in the wallpaper to created an aged look.
Ceilings and walls can be painted the same colour to make furniture and trim stand out.
Finished wallpapered room.